A forum for any Z enthusiast! Young or old. This is a place for those who have questions and need help or Z enthusiasts that just wanna hang out and share stories of their Z's

HomePortalGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Couple of Questions for the New Jersey Folks

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lazer

Number of posts : 16
Car Year/Make/Model : 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twinturbo
Registration date : 2010-04-26

PostSubject: Couple of Questions for the New Jersey Folks   Sat May 08, 2010 8:16 am

First, for the Z32 people how much of a PITA is it to pass emissions here?

Second, do any gas stations sell no-ethanol gas?

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 16th.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lazersos.googlepages.com
mwest300zx

Number of posts : 10
Car Year/Make/Model : 04 350z Conv. & 93 300zx Conv
Registration date : 2010-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Couple of Questions for the New Jersey Folks   Wed May 19, 2010 12:59 am

I've never had any problems with any of my Z32's passing NJ emissions. My 91 which I sold a few years ago always passed and my 93 was recently inspected a few moths ago and passed. I go to the state inspection stations. Actually, I never paid attention to the content at the pumps. But, I think most of them do have up to 10% and I run 93 octane in my Z32.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lazer

PostSubject: Re: Couple of Questions for the New Jersey Folks   Wed May 19, 2010 6:07 am

Yeah the 93 is an upgrade from the 91 I got in Vegas. The ethanol is a downgrade, as is not being able to pump my own gas. BS

A couple of related questions to the inspection:
1) Think my tint will be a problem? probably will
2) My wife's truck has a cracked windshield, will I have to get it fixed first?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
mwest300zx

Number of posts : 10
Car Year/Make/Model : 04 350z Conv. & 93 300zx Conv
Registration date : 2010-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Couple of Questions for the New Jersey Folks   Wed May 19, 2010 9:36 am

The cracked windshield will definitely fail. The tinting if it's fairly dark will also fail.
Not having to pump your gas when it's 14 degrees out and windy as hell is not such a bad thing.
If you're in a rush most places you can pump it yourself .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lazer

PostSubject: Re: Couple of Questions for the New Jersey Folks   Thu May 20, 2010 6:36 am

You know unless you need the blue hose on the pump, it ain't cold. -56F (no wind) is about the coldest I've pumped gas. Smile I just don't like underpaid workers to touch my car. Plus I know I have more experience pumping gas than the majority of the attendants. Not to mention handing over my CC to them. Plus, for me pumping gas has always been a great experience. You get to walk around the car and inspect things, check the oil, clean the windscreen, etc. Plus it's way faster. I'm never going to be sold on the whole full service only thing.
Back to top Go down
cherryz

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Couple of Questions for the New Jersey Folks   Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:42 pm

I just don't get the NJ thing about not being able to pump your own gas. Most idiotic thing ever.
Plus those jughandle turns. Hate 'em.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slvander.home.mindspring.com/Z32/
lazer

PostSubject: Re: Couple of Questions for the New Jersey Folks   Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:25 am

Yeah not being able to pump my own gas is really annoying. Plus I haven't been able to find anywhere around here that sells gas without ethanol in it. Oh and the jug handle thing is just a result of poor planning.
Back to top Go down
Quidproquo

Number of posts : 48
Car Year/Make/Model : 2007 350Z Enthusiast
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Couple of Questions for the New Jersey Folks   Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:52 am

Jughandles aren't so bad (when you know they're coming up), if you're new to the area and are not looking for it... Good luck to you Brotha.

Just be happy that they've gotten rid of most of the stupid roundabouts in the state. There are still a few around, and you take your life into your own hands as you enter!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Couple of Questions for the New Jersey Folks   

Back to top Go down

Couple of Questions for the New Jersey Folks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zenthusiast.net :: Local Z Car Clubs :: NJZCC-
Jump to: